Full Job Description
Maintenance Part Time – Sandpiper – Alford
Do you find yourself tinkering at home and in your job? Do you enjoy fixing things and making improvements? Then maintenance could be for you. Also, do you like being outdoors? Mowing the lawn, landscaping, and maintaining flower beds? Then our gardener part of the position could be for you too.
We at Tanglewood are extremely person centred and if you have the right attitude, visions, and values that we promote then this role is for you.
At Tanglewood we pride ourselves on developing those who are hard-working, loyal, innovative, understanding, and empathetic. Being in a care environment is exceptionally rewarding and those who enjoy working in a busy and changing atmosphere flourish.
There is plenty of training we provide which means you can move up, across and around any of the areas within Tanglewood and we always support this.
We are looking for an aspiring or experienced gardener to join a supportive and loving care team and environment. Your job is to ensure the care homes gardens are well maintained and of visually good appearance for the benefit and well-being of our residents. Not only this but we need a maintenance person to manage a variety of duties including: ongoing painting and decorating, small electrics, moving and handling, repair and remedial action, operation and maintenance of tools and equipment. This is a unique and exciting dual role at our Sandpiper Care Home.
Other duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure gardens are consistently of good appearance and are worked and maintained in accordance with the season
- Be able to carry out all garden work to a good standard of workmanship. Planting, potting, weeding, pruning, hoeing, digging, edging, lawns, pathways and car parks
- Ensure pathways, entrances / exits and parking areas are safe and clear of litter and debris including seasonal fall
- Ensure that tools and equipment are maintained, kept clean and stored safely and in a neat and tidy fashion
- Ensure sheds and storage areas are kept clean, neat and tidy and kept locked when not in use
- To involve residents in gardening activities and promote independence
- To understand residents needs, desires and what they would like to see in the garden
- To undertake all routine maintenance tasks and minor general repair work
- Be able to carry out painting and decorating works to a high standard that compliments the environment
- Be able to carry out all maintenance works in the home to a competent standard of workmanship
- Have good communication skills and be able to liaise with outside service contractors as directed
- Check water temperature of sinks, showers and baths keeping accurate records
- You are important to the home inside and outside for the safety and happiness of residents and staff. You will ideally have some experience dealing with the above but do get in touch regardless
Tanglewood have competitive rates of pay, stability in shift patterns and an abundance of benefits:
- Meals included on shift
- Induction and initial training for the role you begin
- Ongoing refresher training and staff development and unique training tailored to your career route
- Time and a half on all bank holidays
- Refer a friend scheme
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Salary: £9.50 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lincolnshire, LN13 9AQ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person