Location: Meadows Park, Louth
Deputy Care Manager – Fulltime
Meadows Park – Louth
Are you currently working at Level 5 but feeling underappreciated? Are you not listened to or valued in your position? Do you want to utilise the skills you have and begin to build new ones? Are you restricted?
At Meadows Park we can help alleviate these issues, you will be appreciated, valued, have the chance to utilise your skills and not feel restricted. You can join us at Tanglewood and go onto complete your Level 6 and even 7 if you wish!
Here at Tanglewood we promote ideas, independence, and innovation – these all fit with our visions and values to make sure you are valued, respected, and developed in your position. At Meadows Park in Louth the team are looking for a Deputy Manager to assist in the day to day management, supervision and administration of the home to ensure high quality care is given to the residents in compliance with all regulatory and statutory frameworks.
This role will be on a two-week rolling rota working alternate weekends and on call.
The roles are responsibilities below give an overview of what is entailed in the position:
· To ensure that the standards of care delivered to our residents and records are maintained
· To ensure the employees of the Care Home receive appropriate induction, training and support to fulfil the obligations of their job description
· To assist the Register Manager in the completion of all compliance audits
· Lead the team; provide leadership and management to ensure the highest standards are achieved in all areas of the home including clinical/dementia care
· Monitor and control sickness and absence in line with Company policy
· Assist the Registered Manager with formal supervision/appraisal of staff members and on-going informal assessments of the work of staff members
· The Deputy Manger will support the Registered Manager to ensure the ongoing financial viability of the service – maximising occupancy and income
There are many important duties as a Deputy Manager and the list above is not everything. To be successful in this position you will need to have the following qualifications and experience:
· Commitment to achieving the Leadership and Management Award (Level 5)
· Previous management/supervisory experience
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
· To participate as duty on call as necessary
· To ensure adequate staff cover
· Team player and excellent interpersonal skills
· Genuine interest in working with the relevant client group
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate staff
· Be able to make clinically sound effective decisions
This is a wonderful opportunity to work within a modern and immaculate care home with supportive staff and a progressive environment.
Job Type: Full-time, 42.5hrs per week
Salary: £12.50 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: in person